Paid coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 testing is carried out using the PCR testing of nasopharyngeal swab samples. It is intended for people who do not have a referral letter but still want to know if they have been infected with COVID-19.
For example, paid testing is aimed at:
- travellers who need to report a negative test result when crossing the border;
- employees, if required by their employer;
- employers who want to test many employees at once or test their travelling employees. More information can be found HERE;
- users of private medical services, if required;
- foreign nationals who are not subject to testing with a referral letter in Estonia;
- people without an Estonian personal identification code who arrived in Estonia and who were first tested at the airport or port and need a second test, or foreign nationals who arrived by land(who have not had the COVID-19 disease in the last six months and who have been declared healthy by a doctor or who have not been vaccinated against COVID-19 in the last six months);
- all other interested people who do not have a referral letter or do not want to get tested on the basis of the referral letter.
For coronavirus testing (including paid testing), advance booking is required, which can be done through the respective service provider.
Paid testing is provided by:
- SYNLAB Estonia
- in Tallinn at Töökoja 1
- in Tartu at Teguri 37b
- in Pärnu at Suur-Sepa 14 (separate entrance from the yard)
- in Jõhvi at Jaama 34
- in Narva at Kangelaste prospekt 2
More information can be found HERE.
- in Tallinn at Punane 62. More information can be found HERE.
- Qvalitas Medical Centre
- in Tallinn at Valukoja 7 (Ülemiste Health Centre). More information can be found HERE.
- in Tallinn at Töökoja 1. More information can be found HERE.
- Confido Fast Clinic (only for people without any symptoms of illness who wish to receive a negative certificate for travelling are admitted).
- in Tallinn at Mustakivi 13. (Lasnamäe Centrum) More information can be found HERE.
- HeBA clinic
o in Tallinn, Vambola 6. More information can be found HERE.
The price of paid testing is set by each service provider. The prices can be found on the websites of the service providers (cited above) and range from 58 to 75 euros.
- If you come to give a sample, it is strictly recommended that you wear a mask;
- Please arrive for testing exactly on time (not sooner or later)
- Results are usually issued 24-48 hours after the sample has been taken, as agreed by the testing provider;
- Those with an Estonian personal identification code can also view their results on the digiulugu.ee website;
- The laboratory forwards the results to the Estonian Health Board, which then contacts those whose test result was positive.
The Health Board recommends self-isolation until the result is received.
It is also possible to have oneself tested for antibodies. Antibody tests are available at different service providers for a fee. More information about antibody tests can be found HERE.